Please find below the learning for the week commencing 29th March 2021
This week we will be focusing on our comprehension skills and finding answers to questions in texts.
1. The Accident - Read and complete English activity sheet 1
2. The Scouts - Read and complete English activity sheet 2
3. Bird Migration - Read and complete English activity sheet 3
4. Log on to Letter-join and practise your handwriting formation daily. Make sure your letters are the same size and that ascenders are tall and descenders hang below the line. https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/(https://www.letterjoin.co.uk/)
This week we will be looking at question and exclamation sentences and finding out about homophones.
1. Question sentences. Watch the video below and complete English activity sheet 1.
2. Exclamation sentences. Watch the video below and complete English activity sheet 2.
3. Homophones – Watch the video below and complete English activity sheet 3.
4. Practising writing these high frequency words by using the look, cover, write, check sheet below. Spelling Activity 5 Sheet
Grow, grew, growing, fun, funny, tall, well, we’ll, tell, telling
You can practise learning your spellings in different way;
- Write them in sprinkled flour
- Use chalk and write them on a path
- Use finger paints
- Make the letters out of playdough or pasta
- Write the word in large letters – Cut out each letter – Mix the letters up – Then put the letters back in the correct order
Once you have learnt the spellings, use the words to create your own interesting sentences.
This week our focus is fractions.
1. Non Unit Fractions – Watch the video to find out more. Complete maths activity sheet 1.
2. To recognise ½ and 2/4 – Equivalent Fractions – Watch the video to find out more. Complete maths activity sheet 2.
3. To find ¾ of a shape or number –Watch the video to find out more. Complete activity sheet 3.
4. Complete the maths challenges at the bottom of the page. How quickly can you do them? Don’t forget to record your time ready for next week’s challenges. Remember to write the inverse for each calculation.
In science we have been carrying out lots of different experiments. Here’s an experiment for you to try at home. Visit the website and read more about ‘Bubble Fun’.
Tangrams are Chinese puzzles consisting of 7 pieces. This week we have been creating our own tangram pictures and writing riddles to describe them. Watch the videos below to see how you can design and make your own tangram pictures.